Monday, July 10, 2006



Hello from Camp Perry 2006. I arrived yesterday and got moved into my hut, and spent most of today taking care of a few things and getting at least the first part of my shopping tour done. I also had the chance to have Jerry Keefer take a look at my new Model 14-3, and touch up the trigger and a couple of internal parts so that it feels really nice now. I also talked with Ed Masaki a couple of times, and got a chance to get a good close look at his new gun, which Norman described as the "Fire Breathing Dragon." In fact Ed says he plans to have a dragon logo on it when it goes into production. The top picture is Ed showing the gun to Jerry Keefer (who is doing his shade tree mechanic thing again this year), but Ed asked me not to publish any pictures showing the gun until after Perry, so I chose one that does not show any details. I will be able to publish close up detailed ones later. I also hope to get a video of it being shot tomorrow.

The second picture shows Chuck Larson of RRA talking with customers. Like most of the shops here, he was busy as soon as he opened up today. I have some other pictures I will be posting to my yahoo site hopefull tomorrow, in a higher resolution than I can do here.

Gary has the wireless working inside the Springfield building, but will not have the outside antenna up until tomorrow, so there is little to no reception in the huts yet. That will sure help as the mosquitos are getting kind of bad now, even with the Off I put on.

Oh yes, there is a new high in outfitting a hut now. I saw a satellite dish out front and stuck my head in to find them watching a movie on TV. Somehow huts and satellite tv don't seem like a natural fit, but they seemed to be doing quite well in there.

More info later. Weather forecast shows high probability of thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon, so we will see how revolver day goes.

Clark

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I stumbled onto your blog from a message on the BE-List and was pleasantly surprised that someone was posting pictures for all of us voyeurs and Camp Perry wannabes. Well, next year.

As to Mr. Masaki’s new pistol, please… please post a picture when you can or when it’s appropriate. I’d love to see that thing!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home